Friday 6 September 2013

Constructed Drawing Project

Final Finished Piece

According to the FAD Booklet
The constructed drawing project was a 4 day drawing project designed to challenge your perception of drawing. Drawing is a core skill in the communication of thoughts, emotions, observations and ideas. This project will encourage you to handle materials in a conventional and non-conventional manner with a degree of confidence. It will introduce you to basic constructions and drawing techniques.





We spent a day down by the river, observing and drawing the scenery. I was drawing to the railings on the bandstand and the tree behind it. The shape of the bandstand with it's 8 sides helped me create the idea of having a section of the constructed drawing perturbing from the set of the drawing.

This is a sketch of the tree behind the bandstand draw in Charcoal and Chalk. This tree was the inspiration for the cardboard foliage in the corner of my piece that extrudes outwards.

This is a sketch of the intricate middle section of the railing featured in the railings. From where I was sitting one of the bottom details was missing but for the sake of this project, I mirrored one side which didn't include that flaw.

This is one of my evaluation pages that document the changed and decisions I made concerning my piece and how I was going to paint the background.
On the left hand side, there is a plan of what my project was going to look like so I had an image to go from. On the right I was documenting what it was that I was doing in that day along with some samples of textures made out of layers of cardboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment